Carisoprodol and its Effects
Carisoprodol is an oral relaxant . Its exact mechanism of action is unknown. it’s going to work by altering communication among nerves in parts of the brain that control the feeling of pain and within the medulla spinalis .Carisoprodol and its effects may be a striate muscle relaxant prescribed to treat pain. Carisoprodol is metabolized to meprobamate, a lively metabolite with anxiolytic effects, by the genetically polymorphic
Carisoprodol (Soma) may be a relaxant categorized as a schedule IV drug due to its potential for abuse. Given far better muscle relaxants that aren’t sedating or habit-forming, like methocarbamol
Important warnings about Carisopodol
Caris0prodol and its effects
Drowsiness: Carisoprodol can cause drowsiness. Don’t drive or use dangerous machinery until you recognize how this drug affects you.
Dependence: the utilization of carisoprodol can cause dependence (addiction). If this happens , stopping this medication suddenly can cause withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms can include sleep problems, vomiting, stomach pain, headache, or shakiness and muscle twitching. they will also include hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren’t real) or other psychiatric problems. to assist prevent dependence, don’t take this medication for extended than three weeks.
Carisoprodol may cause seizures. This risk is higher if it’s used with several drugs that are misused or utilized in overly high doses.
What is carisoprodol?
Carisoprodol may be a prescription . It comes within the sort of a tablet you’re taking orally .
Carisoprodol is out there as a proprietary drug called Soma. It’s also available as a drug .
Generic drugs usually cost less. In some cases, they’ll not be available in every strength or form because the brand-name version.
Carisoprodol could also be used as a part of a mixture therapy. this suggests you’ll got to take it with other medications.
Carisoprodol may interact with other medications
Carisoprodol oral tablet can interact with other medications, vitamins, or herbs you’ll be taking. An interaction is when a substance changes the way a drug works. this will be harmful or prevent the drug from working well.
To help avoid interactions, your doctor should manage all of your medications carefully. make certain to inform your doctor about all medications, vitamins, or herbs you’re taking. to seek out out how this drug might interact with something else you’re taking, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Carisoprodol produces muscle relaxation, probably by inhibiting interneuronal activity within the descending reticular activating system and therefore the medulla spinalis . a number of its effect could also be associated with its sedative action. No protest on striated muscle or myoneural junction has been identified.
Carisoprodol is suggested to be used of relief of discomfort and pain in acute musculoskeletal conditions. it’s not indicated to treat spasticity.
Carisoprodol is marketed in 350 mg tablets. a mixture of 200 mg of carisoprodol and 325 mg of aspirin is additionally available. the standard recommended daily dose is 350 mg 3 to 4 times each day . the foremost frequent side effects are drowsiness, ataxia, tremor, irritability, insomnia, confusion, and disorientation.
Carisoprodol may be a prescription medication wont to relax muscles and relieve pain thanks to muscle spasms. Carisoprodol belongs to a category of medicine called muscle relaxants, which help prevent muscle spasms without affecting overall muscle control.
This medication comes in tablet form and is taken 3 times each day and at bedtime, with or without food. it’s recommended that carisoprodol be taken for a maximum of two to three weeks.
Common side effects of carisoprodol include headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Carisoprodol can cause drowsiness and dizziness. don’t drive or operate machinery until you recognize how carisoprodol affects you. Alcohol may intensify this side effect.
Take carisoprodol exactly as prescribed.
This medication comes in tablet form and is taken 3 times each day and at bedtime, with or without food.
It is recommended that carisoprodol be taken for a maximum of three weeks.
If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for subsequent dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time. don’t take two doses of carisoprodol at an equivalent time.
How do I store and/or throw out this drug?
- Store at temperature during a dry place. don’t store during a bathroom.
- Store this drug during a safe place where children cannot see or reach it, and where people cannot get thereto . A locked box or area may help keep this drug safe. Keep all drugs faraway from pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. don’t wash down a rest room or toss off a drain unless you’re told to try to to so. ask your pharmacist if you’ve got questions on the simplest thanks to throw out drugs. There could also be drug take-back programs in your area.
General drug facts
- If your symptoms or health problems don’t recover or if they go to pot , call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and don’t take anyone else’s drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you’ve got any questions on this drug, please talk together with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- This drug comes with an additional patient fact sheet called a medicine Guide. Read it with care. Read it again whenever this drug is refilled. If you’ve got any questions on this drug, please talk with the doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think that there has been an overdose, call your poison center or get medical aid directly . Be able to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.