Healthy Eating Habits
One of the most important things you can do to safeguard your health is to eat a balanced diet. In fact, your lifestyle choices and behaviors, such as eating a nutritious diet and being physically active, can prevent up to 80% of early heart disease and stroke.
The key to a healthy diet is to consume the appropriate number of calories for your activity level to balance the energy you consume with the energy you expend.If you consume more calories than your body requires, you will gain weight because the energy you do not use is stored as fat. You will lose weight if you eat and drink too little.You should also eat various meals to ensure a well-balanced diet and that your body receives all the nutrients it requires.Men should consume approximately 2,500 calories every day (10,500 kilojoules). Ladies should consume approximately 2,000 calories per day (8,400 kilojoules).
Advantages of a Healthy Diet
A balanced diet can help minimize your risk of heart disease and stroke by doing the following:
• lower your cholesterol levels
• lowering blood pressure
• assisting you in managing your body weight
• managing your blood sugar levels
A Healthy Diet
Every day, eat a variety of healthful meals. This involves eating more plant-based foods and consuming fewer highly processed or ultra-processed foods.
- Consuming a lot of vegetables and fruits
- Choose Whole Grain Foods
- Consuming protein-rich foods
- Reducing the use of highly and ultra-processed foods
- Make water your preferred beverage.
- Healthy Eating Suggestions
- Start moving and maintain a healthy weight
- Breakfast should be included.
- Reduce your consumption of saturated fat and sugar.
- Consume more fish, including oily fish.
- Consume less salt: adults should consume no more than 6g daily.
- Do not become thirsty.